Monday, May 23, 2016

Did Katy Perry bully Ryn Weaver?

On February 17th, 2016, singer Ryn Weaver blasted fellow pop star Katy Perry on Twitter after the latter tweeted in support of presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. Weaver tweeted "LOLOLOL SORRY NOT SORRY OLEASE OPEN UR EYES.. THIS TWEET IS IGNORANT IF NOT FUNDED BYE" and "Hillary Clinton is a paid puppet.. As are many people.. I don't like puppets..", while also linking to a video named "Hillary Clinton Lying for 13 Minutes Straight." Weaver continued tweeting, with the subject shifting to accusations of Perry bullying her, "No offense @katyperry but considering how much of a bully you were to me... I hope u don’t mind my mindful disagreement w ur $$ endorsement".

In now-deleted tweets, Weaver explains her experience with Perry at the Coachella music festival: "she spoke to my friend waiting for me to speak… Anytime I spoke she started turning her head around pretending she heard something… Then said “dos u hear something?” While staring at me.. Anytime I spoke.. After we were already friends.. Did this the entire night” “Then came w us to drake and stared at me the WHOLESHOW..Then any time I caught her eye out of my periphery she proceeded to alert her entire posse saying “that ryn weaver girl is soooo obsessed with me” loud enough for my entire group of friends to hear… While talking why the WHOLE NIGHT loud enough for me to hear.. After pretending I didn’t even exist"

Katy Perry has not officially responded to these allegations.